Mobile Check Deposit is a feature that provides you the convenience of depositing checks on your schedule, without needing to visit a branch or an ATM. All you need is a smartphone or a tablet with the Riverside TouchBanking Mobile App (available for iOS and Android devices).
Deposit a check using the camera on your smartphone or tablet and the Mobile Banking app. Snap a picture of the front and back of the check, choose your account and amount and send. For your protection, check images are stored securely at the credit union and not on your device. We do suggest however to keep the deposited check in a safe place for 30 days to ensure correct processing. Make a note of the date the check was deposited for future reference.
How to use Mobile Check Deposit
- Sign your name on the back of the check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Riverside FCU” in the endorsement section of the check.
- Once logged into your account on our mobile app TouchBanking, click the “Deposit” icon at the bottom of your screen and carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Follow the tabs to take photos of the front and back of the check.
- The cut-off time for same day mobile check deposit is 2:30 p.m. daily. (Excluding non-business days).
- Regular check hold policies apply.
- Checks payable to any party other than the member whose account has been approved for Remote Deposit Capture will not be accepted.
- If the Deposit icon is not there: Log into your account on our website, click the Services tab, and click to enroll in “Mobile Check Capture”.
- If your check deposit is rejected, we will email the reason and how to correct it.
- The dollar amount limit per check is $3,000.00. The daily mobile deposit limit is $6,000.00.
Before initiating a check for remote deposit, please follow these tips:
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check, all four corners are visible, and check is not blurry.
- The MICR line (numbers at the bottom of your check) needs to be readable.
Still have a question? Please call 716-875-1747.